IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL IRELAND CUSTOMERS
With immediate effect only Emergency/Priority cases will be accepted in Lagos and Abuja Visa application centers as instructed by the Ireland Embassy.
Please proceed with appointment booking only if you fall under Emergency/Priority category. Below are the list of categories which will be considered as Emergency/Priority cases.
- People travelling for business/employment purposes and granted an employment permit by Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment to meet an enterprise’s key business;
- patients travelling for imperative medical reasons;
- transport workers or transport service providers, including drivers of freight vehicles carrying goods for use in the territory as well as those merely transiting;
- pupils, students and trainees who travel abroad on a daily basis and Third-country nationals travelling for the purpose of 3rd level study;
- Join Family applications;
- Preclearance applications from De Facto Partner of an Irish National, De Facto Partner of a Critical Skills Employment Permit Holder, or of a non EEA Researcher on a Hosting Agreement and Family members looking to join a UK National in Ireland;
- persons travelling for imperative family or business reasons;
- Persons entitled to avail of the provision of the EU Free Movement Directive;
- diplomats, staff of international organisations and people invited by international organisations whose physical presence is required for the well-functioning of these organisations, military personnel and police officers, and humanitarian aid workers and civil protection personnel in the exercise of their functions;
- passengers in transit;
- journalists, when performing their duties.
For any other Emergency Short Stay Visa, please contact the Embassy for guidance.